Friday 29 November 2013

National Hunt Trial - 2013/14

Last winter I decided to start compiling my own performance ratings for the all-weather and the results produced between November and March were the strongest set of results since the service began in 2010.

With that in mind, I transferred the methods on turf for the 2013 season - but things simply didn't work out in that alternative sphere. While it is clear in my mind that, for next season, we can't use the performance ratings for turf races, their effectiveness for jumps races has yet to be tested.

Therefore, the purpose of my blogs over the next few months will be to evaluate whether there is any mileage in using the figures in the NH scene too.

It may be that things don't work with the jumpers either and if that's the case then it looks like the sole use for the figures will be the AW - but we might as well investigate and see how things pan out - as anything that can potentially lead to greater turnover and a source of possible profit is worth testing out.

None of the bets which follow will be included in my official spreadsheet records, nor will they have a stake attached to them*. They won't be officially proofed anywhere, but just to prove nothing has been after-timed, I will also Tweet all selections via my Twitter page (@NMPunter) as well as posting the reasoning on this blog.

*Bets will have a 'weak', 'medium' or 'strongly fancied' comment and 'win' or 'each-way' attached to them.

With a football trial already running alongside my main service, I didn't want to bombard members with any more e-mails. Hopefully posting any jumps picks in here will keep things separate from the main service though and we can evaluate the results later down the line when a greater number of bets have been placed.

Cheers,

Wayne